Open Source, Well Supported
There are many reasons for Vue and React’s prominence in the software development landscape:
- Virtual DOM —instead of re-rendering the whole page as is the case with regular DOM, React and Vue update only those objects that have changed, saving the time and resources that heavy DOM manipulations otherwise consume.
- Component-based UI development — Vue’s and React’s considerable libraries of components facilitate code reuse, improve developer productivity, and speed up the development process.
- Framework size – Vue.js stands at around 80Kb and React.js around 100Kb, making them both relatively small sized, ideal for development of small projects.
- Focus on the view library—separate concerns for routing, state management, etc.
- Official component library for building mobile apps—quite long-awaited in Vue but now supported in both tools.
Many Well Known Sites
Companies that went for React.js:
Companies that went for Vue.js: